Example

Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Save the Dates are here...well...almost!

Originally, my goal was to have my save the dates sent out by the time we went to Connecticut for the long weekend. Well, this week...I've slacked. Not gonna lie, I've had plenty of time to get them done but I've spent my nights cooking dinner, and lounging with fiance reading on the couch till all hours of the night (my punishment? Lack of sleep.)

But Sunday night I did get motivated and if it hadn't gotten so late, I would have finished them. I'm half way done. However, I am bringing a couple of them up to CT to give to the people we'll see who are getting save the dates - yay for saving on ridiculously overpriced postage!

dscf4189

Here are the magnet, they were pretty easy to make, I used MS Publisher and had to set the margins specially because there wasn't a template. I sold myself ten short because I ruined a sheet in the printer by accidentally putting them through while still sticking together. Whoops?

dscf4192
The envelopes we got at paper Source, as well as the liner, as well as the template to make the liner. We spent about $60 on paper, envelopes and the liner. Another $60 on printer ink (which we were long over due for) and $30 on the magnets. Total cost (not counting the ink) $90.

The liners were tedious to make, i made 50 because i ran out of the paper I was using to line the envelopes. I certainly could have made more but m'eh.

dscf4197

On the card, which I belive is A7 from Paper Source, because I don't have Publisher on my mac, I used word but it's simple, just text so they were easy to print out (aside from the fact that our printer kept printing them crooked)

The magnet itself is stuck on there with a tad bit of sticky tack. You know, that putty stuff. The ribbon in the corner is held with a wee bit of double stick tape on top.

The ribbon was another thing I didn't check - it was sheer. I realized that when I opened it up (instead of seeing the "sheer" label on the package...whoops). I looped it around the top corner crossed it in the back and then tied a bow in the bottom corner.

The final product?

dscf4199

Yes I know the magnet is crooked. Whoops? All in all? They look great. Now if I could just get off my butt to finish them! They'll still go out by the end of January (which also gives me time to work on our website).

(x-posted at my blog)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Miss Cleveland Park said...

Those look great!!!! I feel I rushed mine, I absolutely love the colors of the envelopes and liners!

Thursday, January 15, 2009 7:44:00 AM  
Blogger Miss Gallery Place said...

thanks :)

Thursday, January 15, 2009 8:06:00 AM  
Blogger AmyJean said...

Those are great! i'm impressed! :)

RelentlessBride

Thursday, January 15, 2009 8:10:00 AM  
Blogger Authentically U - Bride said...

Those are beautiful!! I love the ribbon idea, I've never seen it done like that before. I think I will do my ribons like that!!!! Yea, Inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

Thursday, January 15, 2009 12:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home